The CHBA named Lethbridge's Ashcroft Master Builder the Builder of the Year
And the Winners of the Alberta 2015 Awards of Excellence in Housing are….Caitlin Clow | Newhomelistingservice.com
The Canadian Home Builders’ Association has announced Lethbridge’s Ashcroft Master Builder the winner of the Ralph Scurfield Builder of the Year Award in the large volume category at the 2015 Awards of Excellence in Housing Winners.
“The competition to be named one of Alberta’s best was fierce with more than 400 entrants and 75 finalists,”
— Jim Rivait CEO of CHBA — Alberta.
- White Eagle Homes of Edmonton was named Builder of the Year in the small-volume category and the multi-family Builder of the Year went to Qualico Group of Companies for their projects in Alberta.
The awards — presented on Sept. 18 at BUILD 2015, the CHBA’s annual conference held at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge — are presented to builders, renovators and community developers for their excellence and achievements within the industry.
Winners are selected based on best overall score in the competition and points are generated for reaching the finals depending on the placing. Builders then receive points for customer satisfaction, safety and volunteerism.
“Alberta is pleased to see such a broad range of companies and communities reach the winner’s circle,” Rivait said in a press release.
- Nineteen companies won awards out of 25 categories including NewRock Developments, Cedar Ridge Quality Homes, Avonlea Homes, Ashton Luxury Living and Crystal Creek Homes in Single Family Homes.
- Best Community Development went to Macdonald Development Corporation for Calgary’s Watermark at Bearspaw.
The Best Green Home was awarded to Effect Home Builders from Edmonton for work they completed on a private residence. This award was sponsored by Built Green Canada.
- Best Estate Homes went to Calgary’s Albi Homes, Morrison Homes, Brad-Mar Homes, and Mason Martin Homes in Central Alberta.
- Edmonton’s StreetSide Developments took home best Multi-family Apartment under $350,000 and Sterling Homes won for best Multi-family Duplex under $350,000.
- Rohit Group of Companies was awarded for best Multi-family Townhome between $350,000 - $500,000 for their Carlton project in Edmonton.
- Albi Homes took home the award for Multi-family Luxury for their Calgary-based project, Villa 6, while Tapestry Developments in Edmonton took the Multi-family Project for Larch Park
- Renovation awards were given to Calgary’s Ultimate Renovations and Edmonton’s Alair Homes.
- Stepper Custom Homes, Laebon Homes, UrbanAge Homes, Unique Home Concepts, Amron Homes and Brost Developments all took home Awards of Merit.
- Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating, Broadview Homes and Avonlea Homes also took home awards for safety sponsored by ATCO Gas.
“The awards also illustrate the many choices available to Albertans, from affordable single and multi-family homes to spectacular estate homes and renovation projects,” Rivait said, “Consumers will find lots to love when they check the show homes and websites of our winners."
The Team at Newhomelistingservice.com wants to wish all of these winners the biggest congratulations!