Discover your ‘forever’ home at Edgewood. Homes characterized by timeless architecture, inviting floorplans and fine craftsmanship — all Geranium hallmarks for over 40 years.
Set on large 40’ lots, these strikingly handsome three-storey executive homes showcase brick and stone facades, recessed garages with space for three cars, covered front porches and rear garden walk-outs.
Inside, Geranium’s signature luxury features and finishes are complemented by open concept family living spaces including gourmet kitchens, magnificent great rooms and private master bedroom retreats complete with luxurious ensuite baths. Inside and out, the attention to detail and unparalleled design combine for a unique lifestyle experience.
- Architecturally designed homes with genuine clay brick, “maintenance free”* Hardie panels, shakes and siding with 30-year manufacturer’s warranty, stone veneer, precast concrete sills, quoins and/or wood detailing, as per plan. Sides and rear of homes to be brick, as per Vendor’s Architectural plans. House siting and exterior colour package selections are architecturally controlled.
- Architectural features include raked and/or tooled masonry joints (Vendor’s choice), dormers, decorative columns, frieze boards, pre-cast detailing, metal roofs and decorative brackets, as per front elevation.
- Corner lot flankage elevations to receive enhanced architectural details, as per architectural control.
- Main floor front elevation exterior balconies with decorative columns and railings, as per plan.
- 2 x 6 exterior stud walls with OSB wall sheathing.***
- Engineered roof systems with raised heel trusses.
- Prefinished “maintenance free”* aluminum soffits, fascia, eavestroughing and downspouts (as per elevation).
- Premium manufacturer’s “shake-like” 40-year limited warranty architectural self sealing shingles provides durability, high grade and tear resistant.
- Wood and steel beam construction.
- Engineered floor joist system for all subfloors, not including landings.
- 5/8” premium engineered OSB tongue & groove subfloor, nailed, glued and screwed.***
- 3/8” plywood or 7/16” OSB roof sheathing, Vendor’s choice.***
- Poured concrete foundation walls.
- Precast patterned patio slabs from driveway to front porch as per approved grading and/or site plan. Front & rear door(s) to receive precast concrete patio step(s) where site grading requires.
- Ceiling heights – 8’0” ceilings on ground floor, 9’0” ceilings on main floor and 8’0” ceilings on upper level.***
- Entry-resistant framing on all perimeter doors. 8’0” high main level exterior French door(s), as per plan.***
- Concrete garage floor with reinforced grade beams.
- “Power Pipe” (or equivalent) to be installed in each home for heat recovery from drain waste water.
- Garage interior to be finished with drywall taped and primed.
- PEX (Cross-linked polyethylene) hot and cold water lines throughout.
- All homes to be “Grey Water Ready”.
DOORS & WINDOWS:
- “Maintenance free”* thermopane Energy Star® qualified coloured vinyl casement windows (coloured windows as per the exterior colour packages approved by the Controlling Architect) on all elevations (including rear). Muntin bars within the panes of glass on front elevation only, as per plan.** All windows to be double glazed with low emissive coating, argon filled gas and insulated spacer bars for greater energy cost savings. All operable windows to have screens. Some decorative windows have fixed glass panes.
- All exterior door(s), windows and building perforations are foam insulated and fully caulked.
- Steel clad insulated front entry door(s) with grip set(s) and deadbolt. Glass panes in doors, transoms or sidelights, as per plan.
- Insulated metal door from garage into house, as per plan.** The Vendor reserves the right to substitute the door from the garage to the house with a wall if grade difference exceeds 2 or 3 risers depending on the house plan and zoning bylaw restrictions.
- Where applicable, and at the Vendor’s discretion, the floor at the garage entry door may be dropped to accommodate the entry door(s), as per plan.
- Thermopane exterior metal French door(s) as per plan (screen not included).**
- 200 AMP service with circuit breakers and copper wiring throughout.
- Heavy-duty cable and outlet for stove and dryer.
- One waterproof exterior electrical outlet at rear, one at the front porch, one outlet on a separate circuit in the garage and one switch controlled outlet at the front porch soffit for holiday lighting (location of outlets determined by Vendor).**
- One outlet in garage ceiling for future installation of each garage overhead door opener (opener not supplied by Vendor). One per garage door.
- All electrical outlets and light fixtures located within all perimeter walls and upper floor ceilings are installed in sealed boxes.
- Ceiling fixtures in foyer(s), hallways, mud room, den, office, living room, great room, laundry, kitchen, recreation room, breakfast area and all bedrooms with energy efficient LED bulbs (min 75% of home) with Vendor supplied fixtures.**
- Switch controlled capped ceiling outlet provided for future dining area light fixture, as per plan.
- All electrical switches and outlets to be white Décora.
- Prewired for television (RG6 cable) and telephone (CAT5e cable) in master bedroom, great room and recreation room.**
- All rough-in outlets as noted for TV, telephone, data/voice/video cabling to be left as non-terminated wiring.
- Electronic smoke detectors on all levels of the home and in all bedrooms. Carbon monoxide detectors on all levels.
- Power vented Energy Star® qualified gas fired hot water heater on a rental basis with designated supplier at Vendor’s sole discretion.
- Furnace and hot water tank location and orientation may vary without notice.
- Front entry door chimes.
- Rough-in central vacuum outlets located on each finished level. Pipes dropped to unfinished space in the garage.
- Electrical outlet provided below counter within kitchen island and/or peninsula cabinet, as per code (only applicable on the island when the island is permanently fixed with plumbing).**
- One rough-in for future power supply for electrical vehicle, including conduit and electrical box located in garage.***
HEATING & INSULATION:
- Upgraded R31 expandable spray foam insulation to garage ceiling and exterior overhangs where there are livable areas above.
- Exterior walls insulated to R24 high density insulation. R60 insulation in attic space above living areas.
- Electronic programmable thermostat centrally located on main floor, at Vendor’s discretion.
- High-efficiency Energy Star® qualified forced air gas furnace with rough-in ductwork sized for central air conditioning. Location and orientation may vary at Vendor’s discretion without notice.**
- All homes to be equipped with one HRV (Heat Recovery Ventilator) paired with furnace.
- All exposed mainline metal ductwork joints in ground level are sealed.
- Ducts professionally cleaned and sanitized. (Purchaser supplied with certificate which is to be redeemed within 3 months from date of closing).
- Direct vent gas fireplace with precast plaster mantle surround, no hearth, as per plan.
- Energy Star® qualified exhaust fan in laundry room; applies only if no operating window is present in the laundry room.
- Exterior venting for dryer in laundry room.
- Single basin laundry tub set in a base cabinet, where shown on plan, with 2 handle faucet, as per plan.
- Upper floor laundry rooms only, to have tiled baseboards and sloped tiled floors to the floor drain, as per plan.**
- Optional upper cabinets in laundry room, as per plan.**
- “Oatey” box (or equivalent) recessed in the wall of finished laundry rooms in the vicinity of the washer to facilitate ease of connection of the washing machine hot and cold water lines as well as the drain.
- Interior walls to be painted with 2 (two) coats of off-white premium quality latex paint, 1 (one) coat prime plus 1 (one) coat finish.
- All interior doors and trim to be painted with (2) two coats of white premium quality latex paint, one (1) coat prime and one (1) coat finish.
- Smooth ceilings on all main floor ceilings and upper hall. Sprayed stipple ceilings with 4” smooth borders in finished rooms in the ground and on upper floor ceilings except for all bathrooms and laundry room, which have smooth ceilings.** All closets and walk-in pantries have sprayed stipple ceilings without smooth borders.
- Raised tray ceiling in the master bedroom with smooth painted finish inside the tray ceiling, as per plan.**
- Cathedral, raised, vaulted and arched ceilings as per applicable plan.**
- Trimmed archways as per plan.**
- Stained finish oak nosing, posts, pickets and handrails selected from Vendor’s standard samples.
- Staircase in finished areas to consist of stain finish oak treads, risers and stringers.
- All closets including linen and walk-in pantries to have white vinyl coated wire shelving.
- Trim to be approx. 5-1/4” baseboards and 2-3/4” casing in all finished areas, as per plan.**
- Interior pewter or brushed nickel finish door levers and door hardware (hinges painted), Vendor’s choice.
- Privacy locks on master bedroom and bathroom doors.
- Valance moulding under the kitchen uppers, as per plan (electrical not included).
- Quality constructed and finished kitchen cabinetry with hardware and granite countertops (as per plan). Colour matched kick plates.**
- Kitchen servery with base cabinet and bar sink, as per plan.**
- Kitchen uppers to receive crown moulding at the top of the uppers, as per plan.**
- Kitchen cabinetry to have extended upper cabinets, as per plan.**
- Full depth fridge gable(s) with deep upper cabinet above fridge space, as per plan.
- Split electrical outlets provided above the kitchen countertop and dedicated outlet for the refrigerator.
- Pantry, island, breakfast bar top, as per plan.**
- Double stainless steel undermount sink in kitchen, with single lever faucet and vegetable sprayer.
- Stove exhaust hood fan (white) with light, vented to exterior.
- Dishwasher space provided with rough-in (includes electrical and plumbing only), as per plan.
- Quality constructed and finished bathroom cabinetry with hardware and post formed laminate countertops.** Colour matched kick plates as per plan. **
- White pedestal sink in powder room, as per plan.**
- Quality cabinetry in formal powder room from Vendor’s standard samples.**
- Master and shared ensuite with double sinks as per plan.**
- Washerless single lever water efficient faucet(s) in all bathroom vanities with pop-up drains.**
- Bathroom fixtures to be white.
- Master ensuite to have acrylic drop-in soaker tub, with a two handle deck-mounted water efficient Roman faucet and a minimum 18” of ceramic wall tiles around tub deck, as per plan.**
- Master ensuite separate shower stalls, where applicable, to be finished with clear glass panels and half panels (as per design), chrome frame complete with clear glass shower door, as per plan (ceiling not tiled) and a waterproof recessed ceiling light.**
- Extra large master ensuite shower with one (1) piece marble slab seat, as per plan.**
- Secondary bathrooms which feature a separate shower stall, where applicable, to have waterproof interior recessed ceiling light and to be fully tiled not including the ceiling, as per plan. Glass shower door, as per plan.**
- Quality ceramic wall tiles in tub enclosures, where applicable, to height of dropped ceiling (ceiling not tiled).
- Mirrors in all bathrooms with wall mounted strip lighting above the mirror.
- Ceramic soap dish in shower stall and tub enclosure, as per plan. Ceramic paper holder and towel bar supplied only, not installed (white).
- Energy Star® qualified exhaust fan in all bathrooms.
- Pressure balance bathtub and shower faucets in all bathrooms, where applicable, for safety and comfort.
- DensShield tile backer with built-in moisture barrier in shower stall and tub enclosure, as per plan.
- Energy efficient water saver showerhead and toilet tanks.
- Choice of 12” x 12” or 13” x 13” ceramic tile in the foyer, kitchen, breakfast, mud room, walk-in pantry, lower entry, all bathrooms and laundry room from Vendor’s standard samples, as per plan.**
- 4” x 3/4” (approx.) pre-finished, stain finish oak strip hardwood flooring*** on the main floor (excluding tiled areas), upper floor hallways, mid height landings and stair ledges from Vendor’s standard samples, as per plan.**
- Purchaser’s choice from Vendor’s standard Berber broadloom with 1/4” high density chipfoam underpad*** or 35oz polyester broadloom with 12mm standard foam underpad*** in all upper floor areas and ground floor finished areas except for tiled and hardwood areas, as per plan. Choice of colours from Vendor’s standard samples (one colour throughout).
- Black coach lamp at front door(s) and at each sectional roll up garage door.
- Black or pewter grip set(s) and dead bolt installed on front entry door – Vendor’s choice.
- Two (2) water taps with inside shut-off valves. One (1) in garage and one (1) at the back of the house, located at Vendor’s discretion.
- Lot to be fully sodded except for hard surface areas, as per plan.
- Approximately 8’ x 7’ Steel sectional roll up garage door(s)*** with decorative inserts, heavy-duty springs and rust resistant door hardware.
- Two stage asphalt driveway to be provided at a cost to purchaser of $1200 for a double car driveway, to be paid on closing. (Driveway consisting of base coat and top coat).
|Number Of Floors:||3|
|Total Finished Area:||3535 sq ft (328 m2)|
|Full Ensuite Bathrooms:||3|
|Other Rooms:||Den, Great Room, Kitchen, Living Room, Mud Room, and Recreational Room|
|Parking:||Double Garage Attached|