Our features and finishing’s speak for themselves, they are at a level where most people would expect them to be extra’s. Sleek modern wood finished cabinets, stone countertops. Laminate throughout and stainless appliances as just a few of the finishing’s that come standard.
Everything begins with a strong foundation
- Footings – Footings: 16” wide x 8” deep, 20 MPA type 10 cement (type 50 where required).
- Walls – Foundation walls: 8” wide, 25 MPA type10 cement, 4-7% air entrained, with 2-15M rebar at top and 2-15M rebar at bottom (type 50 where required).
- Basement Floor – 3” thick, 20 MPA type10 cement over 6mil poly vapour barrier and 6” gravel base.
- Garage Floor – 3.5” thick, 27.5 MPA, 4-7% air entrained, Duramix concrete over 4” gravel base, and 10m rebar 24” O.C. both directions (dowelled into concrete walls).
- Driveways – 3.5” thick, 27.5 MPA, 4-7% air entrained, Duramix concrete over 4” gravel base and 10m rebar 24” O.C. both directions.
- Damp Proofing – One coat bituminous tar sprayed membrane on foundation up to grade level. Tie holes tabbed.
- Weeping Tile – Where storm sewer is supplied, 4” perforated weeping tile with 6” gravel cover will be provided including tile to underside of all windows below grade level. Sump pumps as located by engineer.
The frame is the skeleton of a house. If the frame is strong, it provides the necessary support for everything that follows
- Beams – Dimension lumber, #2 or better dry spruce, built up beams and/or engineered beams as required.
- Joists – Engineered floor system per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Sub Floor – 5/8” tongue and groove O.S.B., glued, nailed and screwed.
- Exterior Walls – 2×6 #2 or better dry spruce at 16” O.C.
- Partition Walls – 2×4 #2 or better dry spruce at 16” O.C.
- Party Walls – 5/8” fireguard, resilient channel, 2×4 #2 or better dry spruce at 16” O.C., R-12 insulation, either side with a 1” air space.
- Stairs – 2×10 #2 or better dry spruce stringers with fir plywood treads.
- Roof Trusses – Engineered roof system per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Exterior Sheathing – 3/8” O.S.B.
From the eavestroughing/gutters to the siding, cladding and battens, Legend of Legacy gives a great first impression
- Windows – PVC windows or equivalent throughout c/w vinyl window jambs. Double glazed windows for energy savings and personal comfort. Features a continuous vinyl head and sill design that eliminates the need for additional mullions. Premium folding handles, locks and slide action ensure easy operation and security.
- Exterior Doors – Metal-clad insulated or fiberglass door for security and comfort:
- Main entry door, architecturally designed steel insulated, 36” wide.
- House to garage door, 6-panel steel insulated or fiberglass, 32” door with self-closer.
- Back door, architecturally designed steel insulated or fiberglass 32” door.
- Pre-finished maintenance free fibre-cement based and vinyl siding as specified in architectural drawings (as per site layout).
- Pre-finished aluminum soffit, fascia, 5” eavestrough, and downspout.
- Wood Trim – As per architectural drawings.
- Wood decks, finished with Duradek.
- Horizontal deck surface and Treads to be all weather wood unpainted.
- Wood or aluminum railing on steps and decks where code requires.
- Roofing – Asphalt shingles with a 30-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Parging – Rough texture finish on foundation wall above grade.
- Stone – As per architectural drawings.
Tubs, sinks and toilets all expertly manufactured and professionally installed
- Gas Service – Meter provided by ATCO Gas and located to meet code requirements. Distributed to all gas appliances as per builder specifications.
- Water Service – As per City of Calgary specifications.
- Sanitary Service – ABS pipe.
- Lawn Service – One frost free tap located in garage.
- Water Heater – One sealed combustion; power direct vented high performance natural gas fired 50 U.S. gallon, (189 litre) hot water heater. Exceeds new NRCan energy efficiency requirements. Energy Star certified.
- Water Lines – Flex piping throughout.
- Shut off valves to dishwasher, sinks and all toilets.
- Bathroom Fixtures – All fixtures to be white in color.
- Main Bathtub – 5’ surround tub with chrome waste and overflow.
- Vanity Sinks – China drop in basins.
- Toilets – American Standard or equal.
- Kitchen Sink – 7” deep double stainless steel sink.
- Taps – Single lever Delta or equivalent.
- Laundry – Hot and cold supply lines with shut off valves and drain.
Each unit is lit up with contemporary light fixtures, setting the tone for each room
- Electrical Service – 100-amp breaker panel, located in basement by electrical contractor.
- Switches and Plugs – Decora type switches c/w standard white cover plate. Standard white receptacles.
- Smoke Detectors – As per Alberta building code.
- Range and Dryer – 220-volt receptacles.
- Utility Plug – At electrical panel and at hot water tank.
- Exterior weatherproof Outlets – 2 on GFI circuit (1 front, 1 rear).
- Bathroom Plugs – GFI receptacle in one bathroom, standard receptacles in other baths on GFI circuit.
- Cable – 2 Cable TV outlets c/w cover plate (rough in only).
- Phone – 2 telephone outlets c/w plate covers.
- Garage – 2 wall mounted duplex receptacles, 1 switch light in ceiling, garage door opener c/w 1 remote.
- Lighting Fixtures – Contemporary light fixtures – Standard builder specification.
A healthy house is well sealed, well insulated and properly ventilated
- Exterior Walls – R-20 Fiberglass batts with 6mil poly vapour barrier lapped and poly pans on exterior electrical boxes, acoustical caulking at all penetrations.
- Basement walls – R-12 batt insulation from underside of joists to 2’ below grade.
- Attic – R-40 loose fill with 6mil poly vapour barrier caulked at all penetrations.
Professionally hung, mudded and taped to set the scene for smooth, seamless interior walls
- Board – ½ “ CD drywall to all ceilings attached with nails and screws.
- ½” drywall on interior walls attached with glue, nails and screws.
- ½” drywall on exterior walls attached with nails and screws.
- ½” aqua board to walls adjacent to tubs and showers.
- 5/8” type “X” fireguard drywall on all party walls attached with nails and screws.
- Walls – 3 coats joint filler over tape.
- Ceilings – 2 coats joint filler over tape.
- Knock-down ceilings, at all ceilings, excluding garage and closets.
Interior Finish Materials
It’s the attention to the little details that makes the difference
- Doors – Two panel smooth paint grade passage and bifold doors.
- Window casing – 2 ¼” MDF casing.
- Baseboards – 3 ¼” MDF baseboards.
- Handrails – Paint grade bread loaf handrail with brushed chrome brackets.
- Stub walls – Paint grade cap with 2 ¼” casing.
Cabinets & Hardware
A little added sparkle and shine to your home’s interior
- Kitchen and Vanity Cabinets – Maple flat panel cabinets with European hinges c/w 42” uppers.
- Exterior Doors – Brushed chrome lever handle with deadbolts all keyed alike.
- Interior Doors – Brushed chrome lever handles, privacy on all baths.
- Bi-fold Doors – Brushed chrome knob.
- Bath Hardware – Chrome towel bars, shower rods and paper holder.
- Shelving – European style wire shelving throughout.
- Mirrors – Full width of vanity top x 40” high. 24 x 36” oval mirror above pedestal sink.
Finishing touches that make your house a home
- Interior – Choice of one standard wall color throughout
- Walls, excluding garage, 2 coats of eggshell latex paint (1 primer/sealer and 1 finish coat).
- Woodwork 1 coat primer and 2 coats enamel finish.
- Doors – 2 coats semi-gloss enamel.
- Wood trim – 2 coats solid stain.
Flooring & Counter Tops
Sturdy, resilient and easy to maintain flooring options throughout each unit
- Full ceramic backsplash at kitchen countertop.
- One row 6” ceramic backsplash at vanity counter Tops.
- One row 6” ceramic around fiberglass showers.
- Laminate: Pre-engineered laminate floors to living areas on main floor.
- Carpet: 40 oz. medium pile carpet or equivalent with 7/16”, 8 lb chip foam underlay to stairwells and bedroom level.
- Counter Tops: To be selected from standard granite samples (kitchen only).
- To be selected from builder’s standard laminate samples.
- All tops to be double thick laminate with square laminate edge.
Energy Star rated stainless steel appliances
- Stainless Steel
- Dishwasher – Whirlpool built in dishwasher, 1 hr wash and triple filtration sensor, silence rating of 55db
- Fridge – Whirlpool top mount refrigerator with LED lighting, EZ connect ice maker, frameless glass shelves
- Range – Whirlpool Electric free standing range, high heat self cleaning system, ceramic top, 5.3 Cu ft capacity
- Over the range microwave
Outdoor space pre-planned, ready for you to entertain and enjoy
- Professionally landscaped as per plans.
- Underground irrigation system as per landscape plans.
- Fencing – site perimeter chain link and wood stained/painted, or as per plans.
- Privacy screen fencing – 5’ wood stained/painted fence as per plans.
|Number Of Floors:||3|
|Total Finished Area:||1460 sq ft (136 m2)|
|Full Ensuite Bathrooms:||1|