TOWNHOMES FOR HOW YOU WANT TO LIVE TODAY
With its location at Bur Oak Drive and Highway 7, your new home at Cornell allows you to enjoy all the best things in life. An international choice of stores and restaurants, from the Markville Shopping Centre to Main Street Unionville to Pacific Mall, are all within a short drive. Enjoy the great outdoors too, with easy access to Rouge Park and its kilometres of jogging and biking paths. Plus, excellent schools and services abound in the area, well-served by public transit, with GO Stations conveniently nearby, and just minutes from the Cornell Community Centre and Markham Stouffville Hospital.
QUALITY EXTERIOR CONSTRUCTION
- Genuine clay brick (as per elevation). Coloured mortar architecturally selected.
- All mortar joints on brick front elevation to be raked.
- Quality shingles in specially blended colours with manufacturers twenty-five (25) year limited warranty.
- Pre-finished low maintenance aluminum soffits, fascia, downspouts and vinyl siding as per elevation.
- Stone veneer, aluminum, stucco, soldier coursing, brick arches, cement board, keystones, sills and other masonry detailing in brick and precast sills as per elevation.
- Exterior columns to be fiberglass or painted vinyl (as per elevation). Porch railing, if applicable, to be low maintenance aluminum or vinyl (colour to be determined by the Vendor).
- Architecturally controlled wood, vinyl, brick and/or pre-finished siding detailing including side and rear gables as per elevation.
Stained Fiberglass, insulated front entry doors with glazing and weather stripping as per plans.
- Energy Star qualified Low E Argon vinyl casement windows on main and second floor (excludes exterior sidelights, and door inserts) Screens, multi-point locks and folding handles provided on all operational windows.
- Energy Star qualified Low E Argon white aluminum or vinyl sliding patio door with screen, where applicable.
- Energy Star qualified Low E Argon exterior rear French or Garden door(s) where shown on plans.
- Exterior decorative shutters for windows as per elevation.
- Sectional roll-up garage doors with window lites as per plans.
- Lot sodded and graded to the requirements of the Municipality. Side yards to be sod or gravel as determined by the Vendor.
- Precast concrete slab walkway from sidewalk to front entry, precast step at front and rear doors where applicable.
- Subdivision to have paved roads, sanitary and storm sewers and municipal water.
- Two exterior frost-free water taps (one in garage and one at the side near the rear of home or at rear).
- Satin nickel appearance front door grip set and dead bolt, classic black and white address plate and black front and rear coach lamps as per elevation (Locations of, address plate, and coach lamps may vary with site conditions).
- Paved driveway (2 coats), in accordance with municipal requirements. Base coat to be installed within the 270 seasonal days as prescribed by TARION Warranty Corp, barring any municipal and/or subdivision requirements. Finish coat shall be done by the Vendor within 18 months of the base coat.
- Architecturally controlled community with pre-selected exterior colour packages to enhance the visual harmony of the community.
- Quality caulking around all windows and doors. Windows and doors also to have spray foam insulation.
- Safety door closure from garage to interior (where applicable).
- Interior of garage walls and ceiling to be fully drywalled, but unfinished. Garage ceiling insulated with “Icynene” (or equivalent) spray foam (only where there is a finished room above). Exterior outside walls to be non-insulated
- Custom quality kitchen cabinets (and if applicable, Spice Kitchen) from the Vendors first upgrade cabinet samples, including Thermofoil, Oak and Maple (or equivalent), with Granite or Quartz countertops (from Vendors standard samples) and design features such as taller uppers where applicable, as per plans.
- Undermount stainless steel double compartment sink (Spice Kitchen, if applicable to have single compartment sink) with single lever faucet with pullout spout (Arbor by Moen or equivalent).
- Soft close door cabinetry hinges.
- Garbage bin pullout (2 Bins).
Deluxe Sakura (or equivalent) stainless steel exhaust hood fan over stove area with 6” vent to outside.
- Heavy duty receptacle for stove.
- Electrical outlets at counter level for small appliances.
- Dishwasher space provided in Kitchen cabinets with rough-in wiring and rough-in drain.
- “Spacious Living” design oversized centre island/breakfast bar, to have dummy doors on the back, where shown on plans.
- Walk-in pantry with 4 melamine shelves, as per plans. 35. Colour coordinated kick plates to compliment cabinets.
- Master Ensuite off master bedroom with stand-alone acrylic bathtub with deck mounted faucet (if shown in plan or ordered as an extra).
Double sinks in ensuite bathroom (where shown on plan).
Clear Glass shower with frameless shower door, as shown on plan, and tiled shower wall(s), including ceiling, with Purchaser’s choice (from Vendors standard samples) of ceramic tile for shower enclosure wall(s) and ceiling and “Durock – Cement Board” (or equivalent) backing in master ensuite shower wall(s) (if shown on plans).
- GFI electrical outlet for small appliances beside sinks in all bathrooms.
- Privacy locks on all bathroom doors.
- “Moen” Chrome single lever taps with pop-up drains in all vanities with white china sinks.
- “Moen” Chrome single lever taps with pressure balanced scald control in all showers and bathtubs with showers.
- White china pedestal sink and elongated toilet in powder room as per plans.
- White bathroom fixtures and elongated toilets in all bathrooms.
- Purchaser’s choice of bathroom cabinets (excluding powder room), and post-formed arborite laminated countertops, from Vendor’s standard cabinet samples (or equivalent).
- Colour coordinated kick plates to compliment cabinets.
- Purchaser’s choice ceramic tile for bathtub/shower enclosure walls (ceilings excluded), from Vendor’s standard samples.
- White ceramic bathroom accessories to include towel bar and toilet tissue holder.
- Vanity length (or up to window) mirror in all bathrooms except powder room which has oval mirror.
- Energy efficient water saver shower heads and toilet tanks. Low flow aerators on all faucets.
- Durable, 1⁄2” hot and cold piped plumbing supply lines. 52. Shutoff valves on all sinks and toilets.
- Shutoff valves on all sinks and toilets.
- Insulation in all walls of the main or 2nd floor laundry room.
- Single laundry tub with standard white base cabinet and post-formed white arborite laminate countertop in main or second floor laundry room only (where shown on plan).
- Heavy duty electrical outlet for dryer and electrical outlet for washer.
- Rough in dryer vent, vented to exterior.
- Hot and cold-water faucet niche with drain pipe for automatic washer (on main or 2nd floor laundry only).
LUXURY INTERIOR FINISHES
- Nine-foot (9’), approximately, ceilings on ground floor and main floor permitting higher windows and higher (7’ tall) doors and archways (except in areas where architectural design, mechanical or duct work require heights to be lowered) taller upper kitchen cabinets. Eight Foot (8’) ceilings (approximately) on third and mezzanine floors.
Stained finish (from Vendors standard stains) oak stairs on ground floor, main floor, third floor and stairs to mezzanine (if applicable) with Colonial or Square 1 5/16 ” oak pickets (where required) and oak handrail from basement door to mezzanine floor, oak nosing around staircase opening on main, third and mezzanine floors (as per plan). Basement stairs in paint grade finish (where applicable) (as per plan).
- Molded 2 panel interior passage doors.
4 1/8” baseboard in finished areas, with colonial door stop in all tiled and hardwood areas.
2 3/4” casings on all doors, straight archways and windows in finished areas.
- Vaulted or cathedral ceiling as per plans and elevation.
- All drywall applied with screws, using a minimum number of nails.
- Satin nickel appearance (or equivalent) lever door handles and hinges (hinges not painted).
- All closets to have melamine shelving.
- Six (6) LED pot lights in kitchen work area (Location to be determined by the Vendor).
- Exterior potlight in ceiling of extra wide front porch only (as per plans).
- Pot light in ensuite shower ceiling (if applicable).
- Three exterior waterproof electrical outlets, one at rear of home, one by the front door and one at front of the home for holiday lighting (receptacle for holiday lighting includes interior switch).
- Circuit-breaker type panel in accordance with Ontario Building Code.
- Electrical copper wiring in accordance with Ontario Hydro standards.
- Quality light fixtures in all bedrooms, kitchen, bathrooms, hallways, den, walk-in closets and family room. Dining room with capped electrical box. Living room with switch activated plug. Basement unfinished area light fixtures to be standard bulb type on single switch.
- Electrical outlets in garage (one in ceiling for single garage door and one in wall).
- Electronic smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detector as per Ontario Building Code.
- Electrical outlet in basement beside electrical panel.
- Dedicated electrical outlet for refrigerator.
- Electric door chime at front door.
- Rough-in cable TV outlets in Great room, Master Bedroom, and Family room (or Guest Suite if no Family room) with blank cover plates.
- Rough-in telephone outlets in Master Bedroom, and Great Room.
- White décora style switches and receptacles throughout finished areas as per Builder’s Specifications.
- Ground fault interrupter protection in all bathrooms and kitchen.
ENERGY EFFICIENT HEATING AND INSULATION
14 Seer High efficiency central air conditioning (condensing unit location may vary from location shown on plan).
- Energy Star Qualified Low-E Argon (with insulated spacers), vinyl casement windows to front, sides (where applicable) and rear elevation, on ground, main and 2nd floor, installed with expandable foam at perimeter, caulked on the exterior.
- Energy Star Qualified forced air gas high efficiency furnace with electronic ignition ECM motor and vented to the exterior. Location may vary from the location shown on plans.
- The Purchaser acknowledges that the High Energy Efficient Gas hot water system is a lease and agrees to execute a lease agreement before closing
- Energy Efficient Qualified 2” x 6” Exterior walls with insulation to be R22, ceiling to be R60. Floors above unheated spaces to be spray foam insulated to R28.
- Energy Efficient Qualified full height (within 6” of floor) basement insulation to R20.
- Energy Star Qualified lights installed where required.
- Energy Efficient HRV (Heat Recovery Ventilator) installed.
- Homewave Smart Connect package. Including: Smart Home hub, Smart home thermostat, smart home leak sensor, Two smart switches, Smart home away, Cellular connection for most Z wave products.
- One-year monitoring is included.
- USB integrated electrical outlets (2) in kitchen.
- Interior walls to be painted with superior quality “washable”, Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) latex paint in Purchaser’s choice of one of (2) colours throughout finished areas from Vendor’s samples.
- Interior doors and trim to be painted white in finished areas only.
- All ceilings on ground, main, third and mezzanine floors to have smooth ceilings.
- Purchaser’s choice of quality imported ceramic floor tile from Vendor’s standard samples, in front foyer, kitchen (if applicable), Spice kitchen (if applicable) laundry, powder room, mezzanine and all bathrooms (as per plans). All ceramic floor tile to be laid on scratch coat.
- Metal strip thresholds where ceramic flooring abuts other flooring.
- 3 1/8” x 3⁄4” Engineered Hardwood flooring in non-tiled, non-carpeted areas of the ground, main and third floors.
- 40 oz. PET (Polyethylene terephthalate) broadloom with 10mm underpad in all bedrooms.
- 5/8” tongue and groove sub-flooring throughout to be glued, nailed and screwed down.
- Entry resistant framing, hinges and striker plates, reinforced with extra long screws on all exterior doors and additional blocking on all exterior door jams.
- Gas line rough in, for future BBQ, on main floor balcony.
- Roof top terrace (as per plans), to include electrical outlet and exterior light.
- Steel beam and steel post construction in basement (where required).
- Upgraded quality engineered wood joist floor system on ground, main, third and mezzanine for a stronger and quieter floor.
- Poured concrete basement walls with heavy duty damp proofing and wrapped with air gap drainage membrane, or equivalent.
- Basement concrete floor to be cleaned and painted prior to closing.
- All ducts to be professionally cleaned prior to closing.
- Survey provided on closing, at no additional cost to the Purchaser.
- Warranty backed by Tarion Warranty Corporation. The home is free from defects in workmanship and materials for one (1) year and the home is free of defects in workmanship and materials on electrical, plumbing, heating delivery and distribution systems, exterior cladding, caulking, windows, doors and the building envelope and basement remains free from water penetration for two (2) years.
- The home is warranted against major structural defects for seven (7) years.