Phase 8: Time to Move in! Finally
The big day has finally arrived, but wait
- Did you arrange for power to be hooked up to the house?
- Energy for heating?
- New Furniture?
- Perhaps you want to have some items completed before you move in. You have paid the full month of rent or your mortgage, if you are getting possession mid-month utilize the extra days to your advantage.
- Get a fence installed
- Get someone in to finish the unfinished basement
- Sidewalk…well maybe not yet, talk to your builder about ground settling and when a good time is to do that sort of work
- Okay, you have all of the steps above covered. Congratulations!!! You can actually open YOUR front door to your new home and enjoy all that you have worked so hard to create. Remember this is not just a home you are able to enjoy but a key investment for you and your family. If you have done the work you will not only be enjoying it but reaping the benefits down the road when the community is fully developed, the neighbors are all moved in, the school is a hub of activity……and you decide…..let’s do it all over again! REPEAT ABOVE.
Best of luck in your New Home!
Other resources you can review but remember you live in Canada and some sources may be either outdated or not applicable to your jurisdiction: